Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Continual cleaning v/s Self Cleaning oven Which is better?

On 3/11/2020 5:40 PM, wrote:
I had a continuous clean oven for 25 years it was a Kenmore I bought new in 1973 I never had to lean it just periodically take out the racks and clean them in the bathtub and of course clean the glass window but as far as the oven I was told not to use the store bought oven cleaners on it or sos because it would ruin the continuous clean coating on it but I loved it I have never had to clean an oven since I bought that stove now I have a self cleaning so guess Ill never have to lol

We bought one about the same time. Not really that good. Self cleaning
much better.

I have a self cleaning oven now but have never used the cleaning cycle.
My cleaning lady takes care of it makes it look like new, inside and
out. Get yourself a good cleaning lady.