Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CCTV advice please.

On Wednesday, 11 March 2020 02:57:47 UTC, williamwright wrote:
On 10/03/2020 11:57, charles wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
On Monday, 9 March 2020 22:52:05 UTC, charles wrote:
foresight would have been needed, I installed the cable 40 years ago!

You could have put in a telephone cable 40 years ago.

I do still have a reasonable amount of GPO 4 core. I suspect after being
buried for 40 years it might not still be working.

It's surprising how cable deteriorates in damp conditions.

Things can be weird, I remmebr opening a draw from one ofm those plastic storage draw units that are common I kept rubber gromments in it and they had 'welded' themselves to the plastic draw like hot caramel on chocolate (dam master chef).
I;ts only been about 10 years .

I can only
think that the plastic outer sheath is not perfectly waterproof.

But you also have temperture vairations through the years and everything ages.

Bill