Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. Harry Bloomfield, Esq. is offline

Default Chalet style house insulation.

Brian Reay pretended :
Why draughty? That'd be one of the first things to fix.

That is good advice.

I suspect rather than an actual draught, it is just cold air dropping
out of fitted cupboard.

Decent double glazing also makes a big difference.

He has that. He said the installer struggled to work out how to fit
them on the upper floor because of the weird design/ lack of depth
between roof and wall.

The house I mentioned had metal, single glazed, windows when we bought it.
Having modern, quality, uVPC double glazing fitted made a huge difference.