Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grumps[_4_] Grumps[_4_] is offline

Default Electrically heated towel rail/radiator installation

On 11/03/2020 08:33, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 07:58:06 +0000, Grumps wrote:

The house is going to be a rental property v.soon.

In which case sticking to the regs might be important. If the tenant
gets injured and you've not followed the regs, you might be liable.

Are there building regs for rad positions?

So the proposed location for this electric rad is in zone 3. There is
already a fused spur timeswitch on the landing (so someone was thinking
ahead).
Now to wiring up the rad. Can I just clip the wire to the skirting and
then poke it into the plasterboard cavity and connect to timer? I could
hide the cable in some of clip-on trunking. Can't lift bathroom floor as
it is tiled.