Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default dash now

On 10/03/2020 22:07, alan_m wrote:
On 08/03/2020 19:50, Andrew wrote:

I would avoid any hospital or GP practice that has air-con because
there is some suspicion that the virus can travel through the HVAC
system.

I had to ring my GP surgery this morning about a missing repeat
prescription.Â* First I got the long pre-recorded message about
Coronavirus which basically said if you have symptoms the last thing you
should do is to actually turn up at the surgery.

The surgery online appointment page now says

Due to the Coronavirus, and for the foreseeable future, ALL surgeries
have been advised to stop Online Booking Face to Face appointments. We
have therefore changed our Online Face to Face appointments to Telephone
appointments. This means that the Clinician will call you first and
hopefully resolve your medical query over the phone. Should the
Clinician decide that you do need to be seen, and it is safe to do so,
they will book you a face to face appointment.

There should be more of that anyway. On Tuesday, last week, I had to
take the afternoon off to take my wife to a hospital appointment with a
neurologist. I lost an afternoon's pay; we struggled to park, with big
queues waiting to get into the already full car parks; my disabled wife
struggled to walk the distance necessary; we waited for about 45
minutes, while being exposed to God knows what and all so the
neurologist could ask, have you had any more problems, "No", and for
hime to then discharge her.

SteveW