Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toiler Roll Shortage.....

On Tuesday, 10 March 2020 23:45:44 UTC, Michael Chare wrote:
On 10/03/2020 19:43, alan_m wrote:
On 10/03/2020 15:06, charles wrote:

I was in mine about 2.30 and they still had reasonable amount left.Â* No
hand sanitiser, though.

Probably because toilet rolls are mass produced item whereas hand
sanitiser for most people is a none per year purchase.

Which is why I think the government should have made sure that there was
an adequate supply when is was apparent that the virus would spread
outside China.

There is. Look on ebay.

There are also many 2nd & 3rd line hand sanitizers available such as bleach, meths, etc.

Matt Handcock claimed that he had met with supermarkets
and that is one of the things that he should have told them.

Supermarkets do not need to be told the basics of their business. If I were a supermarket buyer and couldn't get enough ABC brand sanitizer I'd be buying XYZ brand from China as well. (Not from Wuhan

NT