Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Electrically heated towel rail/radiator installation

I'd have thought it should have some kind of thermostat, surely? Can you not
set it so it has a lower temperature than would cause burns?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Grumps" wrote in message ...
So, it's a long story, but I went and bought a towel rail (1100mm x 500mm,
HxW).
The installation instructions, which I hadn't bothered to read beforehand,
state that there must be a gap of 500mm on either side, and that it should
be 600mm from the floor (apparently to prevent leg/foot burns). Is this
regulated in some way, or can you put it lower down and closer to an
adjacent wall?
Ta.