Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default CCTV advice please.

"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:

"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
wrote:
On Monday, 9 March 2020 22:52:05 UTC, charles wrote:
foresight would have been needed, I installed the cable 40 years
ago!

You could have put in a telephone cable 40 years ago.

I do still have a reasonable amount of GPO 4 core. I suspect after
being
buried for 40 years it might not still be working.

The feed to my house is now 50 years old and still works
fine and does 130mbit vdsl2 fine.

but, you have noted that we live in a "soggy little island" I suspect
water might play its part in degrading the cable

Ours can be soggy at times too. Bet there are plenty
on that soggy little frigid island that have a feed to
the house that is at least that old.