Posted to uk.d-i-y
TimW TimW is offline

Default Indirect lighting

This is my study I am redecorating. The new wall lights won't give out
as much light as the old ones so I wanted some extra lighting and intend
to fit lights behind the wooden cornice of a large fitted bookcase to
shine upwards onto the ceiling. The bookcase is 2.5m across and I was
intending to line the v shaped channel behind the furniture cornice
moulding with reflective tape and put in some kind of lighting strip or
several strips, like pelmet lighting but upside down.

I see suprisingly fluorescent tubes are still available, also things
called LED battens which look like fluorescent tubes, also self adhesive
led tapes (@5m long, perfect). Some options offer I think 'CCT' Colour
Change Technology, some a separate handset control or even a phone app.
So what is a good option? do I need to worry about the colour and the
nature of the light given off? flicker? lumens? heat? Is it going to
look hopelessly commercial? I am a bit mystified by the choices.

TW