Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Bennet Andy Bennet is offline

Default Examining block work under plaster

On 10/03/2020 14:43, Bert Coules wrote:
Andy Bennet wrote:

Yes you will, as all those other items will just clutter the picture
with there own signature - I assume the point of interest is behind
those?. Obviously wallpaper is ok as it is thermally homogeneous.

Thanks.Â* May I ask what camera you used?Â* And can an image be obtained
with the camera away from the wall, to cover a wider area, or does it
have to be actually in contact?

The camera I have is an HTI HT-A1 (easily Googled). I bought it from
AliExpress about 1 year ago mainly for detecting hotspots in
electronics. Operationally it works like any fixed focus point and shoot
camera, and it can record snapshots on an SD card.
Since buying it I have probably revovered the initial outlay in adding
extra insulation to the loft and correcting coldspots around windows and
doors for friends and family.
Also interesting wandering down the street at night seeing how much
'vegetation' people have growing in ther lofts!