Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Toiler Roll Shortage.....

In article , alan_m
wrote:
On 10/03/2020 11:42, Brian Reay wrote:
I needed to pop into the local Aldi today- they have some cord/rope on
offer I need to repair my antenna which came down in the recent winds.

Senior Management instructed me to see if they had any of the
particular loo roll we use in the motorhome- sure enough they not only
had a reasonable stock but there didn't seem to be limit on how many
you could buy. I picked up a pack of nine- the normal supply for a
longer trip. A lady in the queue at the check out noticed the pack in
my trolley and asked me where they were- she'd been in a couple of
other shops which were cleaned out.

We also needed a couple of normal cleaning items, again they were
available but people were commenting that other places were out of
stock.

So, it seems at least some places are still suffering from panic buying.

I went to my local lidl at 6pm yesterday and noted completely empty
shelves for toilet paper AND kitchen rolls.

I was in mine about 2.30 and they still had reasonable amount left. No
hand sanitiser, though.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England