Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default Toiler Roll Shortage.....

"Brian Reay" wrote in message ...
I needed to pop into the local Aldi today- they have some cord/rope on offer I need to
repair my antenna which came down in the recent winds.

Senior Management instructed me to see if they had any of the particular loo roll we
use in the motorhome- sure enough they not only had a reasonable stock but there didn't
seem to be limit on how many you could buy. I picked up a pack of nine- the normal
supply for a longer trip. A lady in the queue at the check out noticed the pack in my
trolley and asked me where they were- she'd been in a couple of other shops which were
cleaned out.

We also needed a couple of normal cleaning items, again they were available but people
were commenting that other places were out of stock.

So, it seems at least some places are still suffering from panic buying.

this is so sad

I was in an Asda this morning and there was a chap with a trolley load. and I
literally mean a whole trolley load, of sliced white bread. You sometimes get
cafes bulk buying in Asda but it would be a pretty big cafe to use all that bread.
Its tastes like cardboard as it is, and not even the best kind of cardboard
And is so soft that it just flops over if not supported just so muppets
will assume its fresh. So god knows what it would be like thawed out
after a few months in a freezer.

that was really sad

michael adams