Posted to uk.d-i-y
Halmyre Halmyre is offline

Default cash machines

On Saturday, March 7, 2020 at 7:29:49 PM UTC, nightjar wrote:
On 07/03/2020 18:15, alan_m wrote:
On 07/03/2020 15:04, Jim Stewart wrote:

..AND the ****s won't take Scottish notes.....

That's because most people have never seen one and cannot tell if a
forgery or not.

More probably because a few years back there was a spate of forged
Scottish £20 notes being passed in England precisely because most people
there didn't know what a real one looked like.

I was in Bradford some years ago (visiting the National Science and Media Museum, so I had a legitimate reason for being in the rancid ********) and had a Scottish fiver refused in a branch of WH Smith. First **** held it up and said to second **** "do we take these?". Second **** barely glanced at it and said "no we don't".

Spent it at a nearby motorway services (ironically in a WH Smith outlet) and the assistant never gave it a second glance.

Moral of the story is stay out of Bradford, it's a ********. Where else would you see a child on a street playing with a laser pointer by flashing it at passing motorists?