Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default dash now

On 10/03/2020 00:43, John_j wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Â* Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Modern cars tend to and even those which don't tend to have electronic
gubbins which still draw current, even when the ignition is off.

I had a Honda CRV,Â* a very good car I'd recommend, but it didn't
like being
left standing- the battery would discharge after about 4 / 5 weeks
if not
driven.

hate that

Then you must hate having things like remote locking and unlocking, and a
half decent radio.

Or have a more decent radio that keeps stuff in NVRam
and a better design that requires the use of the key when
the ECU has decided that its been a while since the car was
last started and turns off the remote locking and unlocking.

4 to 5 weeks is actually quite good. If you wish to leave it longer,
disconnect the battery.

**** that, I'd rather use the key.

some don't have a key and that is really stupid ....