Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Battery not charging light

On 09/03/2020 22:25, Lee wrote:
On 09/03/2020 21:12, Steve Walker wrote:
On 09/03/2020 19:25, Lee wrote:
On 09/03/2020 16:45, wrote:
Hi All,

Back in the dark ages (60s,70s, 80s) cars had little bulbs that
would come on to tell you your battery was no longer charging.

There have been a few people on the Peugeot007 self
Help FB group Im on whose alternators have died, but their cars
not charging light hasnt illuminated (despite its passing its POST
before the problem and after its been rectified (see what I did there).

Got me to thinking, how were these bulbs driven in the past (i.e,
what electrics / electronics / circuit lit them when charging stopped)?

And how are they supposed to work in modern Cars?

On the 007, I believe its an LED and I SUSPECT its fed from the
ECU??

Anyone know?

Fed via the BSI on most French things, do yourself a favour and don't
look up Pug/citroen BSI/BCM failures...

Reset procedure (without the appropriate diag tool) is interesting*
though

*Almost Babel fish like

What? Place the satchel in front of the panel, with the junk mail
inside it, hang your dressing-gown on the hook, place the towel over
the drain and press the dispenser button?

SteveW

I like this group

I had to reset a BSI recencently becuase the wipers were stuck on and
the headlights wouldn't go out, after a battery change...

Just in case anyone is interested, the BSI reset is:

"Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment
is switched off.

Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.

Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.

Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open
doors.).

Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.

Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.

Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.

Remove key open & close door test central locking system.

Start the engine and complete the system's check.

Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of
many BSI related items."

That makes HHGTTG seem almost sensible!

SteveW