Stephen Williams

Default Table Saw Fence Problems

"John Hewitt" wrote in message
Maybe you have a different cross cut sled to mine.

My TS has T slots [2] which run parallel to the saw blade. These slots
are used in "my" sled to guide it as it runs past the blade.
The fence is not used, thus it's accuracy is irrelevant.

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 12:39:37 +0000, Steve
wrote:

Stephen Williams wrote:
I have just purchased a Wickes 1500 table saw (very similar to the
equivalent Draper model) and have used it extensively over the

holidays.
I have mastered right angle and mitre cuts, I have built a crosscutting

sled
for sheet materials BUT I can't seem to set the fence accurately.

Any ideas how to do it?

Sorry John, reading my OP again I see that it is not very clear.
The sled works fine even though I built it! I use it for cutting sheets of
ply and cutting short rails to length.
It's the rip fence supplied with the TS that is causing me the problem. For
instance if I want to cut a long rail in half I can't seem to get the fence
to cut at the width I thought I set it at, and yes I have allowed for the
thickness of the blade.
I might just have to make a fence that will work off one of the runners I
guess.

Has anyone done this?

Steve