Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default dash now

On 09/03/2020 08:10, Brian Reay wrote:
Andrew wrote:
In article ,
Jim Stewart wrote:
unusual you can leave old cars about a month and they start right
up...shows great strength of character....I have found more modern cars
don't ....

That's assuming that old car hasn't been pinched due to not having an
alarm/immobiliser, of course.

I once left my Astra F (1998) estate for 7 weeks without starting it.
It turned over slightly slower than normal but burst into life
just like I had left it overnight.

Did it have an alarm?

Manufacturers immobiliser that showed a low-blink red led on the
dash. They didn't have remote locking/unlocking, you had to use
the key which then (un)locked all the other doors.

Modern cars tend to and even those which dont tend to have electronic
gubbins which still draw current, even when the ignition is off.

I had a Honda CRV, a very good car Id recommend, but it didnt like being
left standing- the battery would discharge after about 4 / 5 weeks if not
driven.