Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Curtains

George Miles wrote:
What kind of curtain rail and opener?

The window hole is 2.5 meters wide:
if i had curtains which fully covered it I would be warmer.

They are behind my desk so opening by a string or similar would be good.

How to seal them at the top and sides?

Seal, not really with curtains. A over lap and, if possible ( and assuming
no radiator under window) good drop, even to the floor if the window is a
deep one, should help.

Certainly, as others have said, lining etc is the way to go.

Senior Management is a dab hand with a sewing machine etc and made all of
ours over the years - if you can find someone like her who takes
commissions they will probably be better than a shop. ( No, Senior
Management doesnt do commissions.) She makes it look easy but I dont
think Id attempt it.

Wall surrounds are OSB.

Or blinds?

Weve blinds as well in some rooms- more for sun limiting. They are
hopeless insulation wise.

Insulation is the main aim.

Could they be used as a projector screen for movies?

But £149 is too much for a screen which might be used once or twice
https://www.viking-direct.co.uk/en/n...3-cm-p-4332258

Ideas and experiences please?

[George]

You could probably use a roller blind as a screen, if you could get one
smooth enough etc. I have a projector and have tried using improvised
screens ( not for movies) just for images ( diagrams etc) the background
can be distracting.

I have a portable screen and have tried watching films via the projector.
The faff of setting it up isnt worth it, buy a reasonable sized TV.