Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default dash now

On 08/03/2020 19:46, Andrew wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* Jim Stewart wrote:
unusual you can leave old cars about a month and they start right
up...shows great strength of character....I have found more modern cars
don't ....

That's assuming that old car hasn't been pinched due to not having an
alarm/immobiliser, of course.

I once left my Astra F (1998) estate for 7 weeks without starting it.
It turned over slightly slower than normal but burst into life
just like I had left it overnight.

I had to charge the battery to move my camper, but it started right up
after 15 months

--
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

Jonathan Swift.