Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Relamping with LED

On Sunday, 8 March 2020 21:48:47 UTC, John wrote:
I have a ceiling fitting with G9 bulbs - Halogen 40 watt.

The heat and a bit of arcing has damaged a lampholder and I can't work out
how to replace it.

Ideally I would like to go with LED - but dimmable ones are not bright
enough.

I was wondering if there could be a way to rebuild it with a power supply
in the ceiling and low voltage LEDs in place of the G9s.

sure

Are there any low voltage LEDs that are brighter than the halogens in a
similar size?

Maybe you can provided some added light elsewhere.

NT