Harry K

Default Waterlogged well pressure tank

frank1492 wrote in message . ..
Maybe I'm off-base here, but isn't it likely that the old
galvanized tank he describes is bladderless and relying
on sheer size to produce effect? If so, I don't know how
such a tank could get "waterlogged." I've had one for
40 years and never experienced that. Weird.

If your tank truely is bladderless you are very lucky, the air control
valve of whatever type is obviously still working. It has either a
snifter valve that injects a bit of air each time the pump operates or
a float type that lets a bit of air in. I've never seen that type of
tank go that long without service.

Harry K