Ron Hardin

Default Waterlogged well pressure tank

I have what must be the same tank in my basement, and I have to
drain it once every 9 months or so, when I get tired of hearing the
pump cycle. The water absorbs air, is all; and soon the air is gone.

Having it run with water always in the tank is an advantage in
long power failures, so it's not clear cut that you want to precharge
it; just drain it more often to make up for it when the smaller supply
of air runs out quicker. So you always have water you can obtain
in a long power failure if you want it, by draining some out.

I've taken to sucking the water out rather than draining it, just to
speed it up. I don't want to remove the probably frozen plugs on the
tank if I can avoid it. (Pump water out with drill pump until it
stops, and then let air rush back in to replace it; repeat. Faster than
dripping and glugging.)
--
Ron Hardin