Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Barn Furnace

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 14:04:52 -0800 (PST), c1gmlm
wrote:

I am putting our old home furnace in my pole barn. It is an 85,000 BTU set to use propane. Because it would be hard to transport bigger propane cylinders, would it be possible to hook up a couple of 20 lbs tanks? I would be heating the barn only on the days I am out there, not continuously.

Thanks for the input

Mabee a couple of 50lb tanks in parallel MIGHT work if it's not below
40 degrees out - otherwize you will want 2 100 lb tanks or you will
ice them up. 2 50s MIGHT handle a 50000btu furnace