Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Did we somehow ruin the next generation?

"R D S" wrote in message
On 02/03/2020 16:44, R D S wrote:

Recently, a machine at work is leaking polish on the floor.

I know i'm oversharing and you shouldn't slate your kids on the net, but
Jesus Christ.

Dont forget who will be picking your care home...

Same machine......

I go home a couple of hours early the other week, go back in the morning,
the machine hasn't been used since I left.
"We are going to have to phone Jim (from whom we got it), it isn't
running".
Now i've fallen out with Jim, that's too long a story, nutshell, Jim is
NOT coming. Ever.
So I investigate and ultimately turn the machine over manually by it's
belt after which it was fine.

Today....
Machine isn't running again. We tried the same but it didn't wash.
I haven't the time, He's fruitlessly faffed with it all morning, It's
approaching 2 o'clock which is when *we* finish so "bye dad, have a good
weekend".
Err yeah, see ya.....

Lid up, press start, test screwdriver in hand at the origin of the motor
cable, no power, trace wiring back through hardware I have no idea what
is, find a switch (trip/overcurrent? I dunno), anyway I effectively turned
the machine back on and it's fine.

It's rarely rocket science is it? But I think i'm flogging a dead un here.
I admit some fault obviously, cos when alls said and done he's ####ed off
and when he gets back it's been sorted.