Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Modern keys...

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
In article ,
Roger Hayter wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Our front door has a BS3621 Yale lock. The insurance company are
happy
with that, and it self locks.

Self locking is a nightmare in the country when you spend half your
time
outside the house in the garden

Never known any night latch that can't be locked open.

But I'd guess that is too complicated for you?

Are you the kind of super-person who can actually remember to do this
*every* time?

Must be. I've never locked myself out.

Once. In 1969. And it was a B&B, so I just had to ring the bell.

Most people are only saved a lot of money and inconvenience by having
hidden key outside somewhere.

Good grief.

Highly insecure.

Depends on how its hidden. Very secure if its buried
somewhere and only used once a decade or so.

I suppose you could leave a key with a 'trusted' neighbour and have them
come and snoop.

But that can be a problem if they are away when you need them.

(I think we are rare exceptions.)

Not convinced. I have only been asked to help someone
who has locked themselves out a couple of times and I
am the one almost everyone I know who is asked to
help with almost everything else. And no one I know
uses the under the flower pot approach.