Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Modern keys...

On Wednesday, 4 March 2020 19:44:34 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
whisky-dave wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Mine has a little 'snick' you can lift on the way out if you haven't got
your keys in your pocket.

why not bury a set of keys in the garden or do the classic and hide them under a flower pot.

Who's to say I haven't made that sort of arrangement? But I'd rather
not be seen clawing at the mud with my bare hands in a dressing gown,

So take it off then ;-)

just because I nipped out to get something from the car and the wind
blew the door shut ...

In 33 years I have only once locked myself out.

One morning I decided to save a bit of time and taking 2 bags of rubbish out
while leaving for work, the keys were on the inside as I'd unlocked the door,
as I walked through the door my coat pocket got snagged on the door handle pulling it closed behind me, leaving my keys on the inside.
I left for work then after work called in at my parents to get the spare set,
that was about 10 years ago.
After that I have never crossed the door threshold without my keys in my hand or pocket or pushing the handle up which latches the door so it won't close.