Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Did we somehow ruin the next generation?

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
I'd say cars are too complex to do much of that any more. I used to
tinker with my Mini 50 years ago and mostly made a mess of it, so I
gave up. Can you even buy workshop manuals for today's cars? Don't you
need a computer to check everything? The garage will have one but
would the right kit be available to an end-user?

It suits many to think they need a computer to work on a car these days.
So are happy to pay a garage to fit new brakes etc that if anything is
easier than years ago.

--
*Honk if you love peace and quiet.

Dave Plowman London SW