Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Sacraficial ...

In Holland, they have built houses on reclaimed 'land' that is just an
inland lake whose level can rise and fall. The houses all sit on
floating pontoons so they are just like 2-story versions of canal
barges, but fully connected to mains utilities.

Andrew

I think I'd be able to cope with houses on stilts. Its very silly at the
moment since if we are talking wheelchairs, many new builds are inaccessible
still, due to insufficient turn space inside.
There is a scandal about homes for disabled people, whereby builders have to
provide x percentage, and then advertise them for six months. What tends to
happen is one is fitted out but the advertising is very low key, very few
are taken so the builder say we have x left over can we fit them out as
normal flats.
Brian