Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Servicing a very old gas boiler - still done?

In article , alan_m
scribeth thus
On 23/02/2020 18:45, Maxwell Boltzmann wrote:

Does anyone know what is going to happen to energy bills when they ban
the installation of gas boilers in new homes in 2025 or whatever? Gas is
about a fifth the price of electricity per kWh, and it comprises the
majority of my house's energy consumption. Have people cottoned on to
this yet?

You will have to fit an air source heat pump which can give 5KWh heat
output for every 1KWh electricity input (in the Summer)!

Yes and it can do quite well in winter months. I know someone who's got
one..

Has the Government considered where all this EXTRA electricity will be
coming from with gas, petrol and diesel all being replaced by electric
sources of power?

Small modular nuclear is where it "could" come from, 'tho i very much
doubt it will

--
Tony Sayer