Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Old foundations for new extension? - Building Control

On 27/02/2020 13:31, Graham. wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." Wrote in message:
On 27/02/2020 11:54, George Miles wrote:
I have an idea to put a new roof on a small outbuilding,
and span from it to the main house,
this would much improve insulation and light.

Planning are only about where the walls go I think?

But would Building Control let me use the existing walls
with whatever foundation they do or dont have?

Would I have to get a surveyor to do some sums?

Or must I demolish everything and rebuild?

George

get a cheap engineer to look into it and satisfy Building Standards
....we had plenty of people who assumed everything would be OK at
Building Warrant stage then found he had to redo all the founds ofout
buildings/garages they were intending to build off of...

Off of what?
The crystal chandeliers?

I like that phrase...I know it's not correct but I like it...tee hee