Roger Ramjet

Default toilet runs briefly, etc.

Sounds to me like the bowl is not level.
"Gary C" wrote in message
om...
I've noticed that as soon as something is added to the water sitting
in the bowl, the toilet begins to run briefly. I've never seen this
happen on another toilet. This toilet also suffers from occasional
"lazy flush" problems...the water will not completely empty out of the
bowl every time, even if there is nothing in the bowl to flush. I am
wondering if these things are related? Perhaps the running is an
indicator of what might be wrong? The jet holes are clear, tank level
is fine, and stack is clear. This toilet is on the first floor, and
the toilet in the basement never has a problem. I was going to go
ahead and replace the flapper, but before I did so, I thought someone
might be able to diagnose the problem. Thanks.