Posted to sci.electronics.repair
All Bumbed Up All Bumbed Up is offline

Default create schematic from circuit board images?

On 2/25/20 3:03 PM, Ron D. wrote:
Target 3001 https://server.ibfriedrich.com/wiki/...se_Engineering has a facility that can help.

You start with an image of the board, Then add components to another layer and connect the components. The schematic then comes out as "rats nest" that you have to sort out.

Thanks, downloaded and tried it out today, but ran into a couple of
hitches. I was trying to use the instructions shown at the above link:

1) I refer to step 4, import packages. It says to place it on the
layout, which I did, but does not indicate how to release it there so it
stays put. How is this done? Tried double clicking, etc but to no avail.

2) I was trying to place a 555 timer. It was only about half the size
of the image underneath. Which can I reduce/ enlarge and how?

That's it for now. If remedied, I can then try proceeding forward to
the next steps. I am using a simple, single sided board with less than
30 components, which are mostly resistors, capacitors and diodes.

Thanks in advance!