Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Servicing a very old gas boiler - still done?

On Wednesday, 26 February 2020 09:32:04 UTC, #Paul wrote:
tabbypurr wrote:

from gas? At great expense.

I believe the point is that the needed electricity can come from whatever
happens to be a good way of generating it.

sounds like a great way of missing the point.

So instead of burning gas in the home at 95% or so efficient,
you want to build ...

I wasn't *advocating* anything, just giving the motivation. And

my point was that there is no motivation, there is no upside.

whatever engineering trade-offs get made in the end, throwaway
remarks like "from gas? At great expense" will not be very useful.

If we keep using gas that doesn't require the first replacement
of household systems. Or the second!

All systems get replaced as they age and fail.

#Paul

Yup. And an added round of compulsory replacement across the board is hardly helpful. The idea is bonkers. Hence greens are all for it.

NT