Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Heard on the radio today...

In article ,
bert wrote:
In article , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Robin wrote:
Seems 1 in 6 will get food poisoning in the US each year. In the UK,
it is 1 in 66.

Yet we want to import cheap food from the US. Always knew Brexiteers
had a death wish.

It would of course help to know what station and at roughly what time so
we could check for ourselves exactly what was said and - crucially - by
whom.

In the meantime that seems a repeat of the claim last year on which

https://fullfact.org/health/food-poisoning-US-UK/

concluded

"These estimates are both correct based on government figures, but
theyre not comparable due to differences in methodology and how the
data was collected."

For every single 'fact' anywhere, there will be an 'expert' who disagrees
with it.

That's what we tried to tell you repeatedly since 2016.

I'm quite happy to accept a margin of error with any statistics.

But it would have to bee quite some error in this case.

--
*Honk if you love peace and quiet*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.