Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default My garage has an Asbestolux? ceiling.

On Tuesday, 25 February 2020 07:47:33 UTC, Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote:
The main problem with anything made of asbestos cement or similar is aging
making them so brittle you can easily go straight through. However even we
had to get a company in to take it all down and bag and remove it. I find it
very odd that asbestos, a mineral, is so dangerous. I guess its the way we
use it concentrated and in fibres that makes it dangerous. I used to saw the
corrugated cement panels with a power jigsaw back in the 70s with no ill
effects, the dust was not airborne.

Asbestos fibres can't be expelled from and irritates the lung causing cancer.
Talcum powder is identical chemically but doesn't take the for of fibres.

Talcum powder was often contaminated with asbestos.
Comes from the same place.