Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fixing my fridge

On 2/24/2020 6:34 PM, wrote:
I'm having a problem with both my freezer and refrigerator when turned to the coldest possible setting both are not that cold at all. I believe it's the newer type of fridge as there are no coils on the back. What can I do to fix this?

Most common problem is the evaporator fan motor is not working. It
blows cold air between compartments. When it dies, the coils often
freeze too.

Depending on the model, in the back of the freezer there is a
compartment you can open to get to it. You also have to let the coil
thaw out.