Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default My garage has an Asbestolux? ceiling.

On 24/02/2020 17:11, Tricky Dicky wrote:
According to HSE all work carried out on Asbestos which includes Asbestos boards such as Asbestolux should be done by licensed contractors. About the only asbestos removal that a DIYer can do is Asbestos/cement boards because the risk is very low. We removed a garage roof made of corrugated cement/asbestos but took the precaution of Tevac suits and face masks. If your local council has an asbestos disposal facility you will find they will probably only accept cement/asbestos and will require it to be double wrapped too. Post 1976 a replacement product was made called Supalux recognisable by its glittery surface look owing to mica being incorporated. It was supposed to be asbestos free but there is some debate whether it is contaminated as it was produced at the same facilities that previously made asbestos board.

Richard

I spent years sunbathing on my parents asbestolux garage roof.

--
€œA leader is best When people barely know he exists. Of a good leader,
€œWe did this ourselves.€

ۥ Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching