Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Heard on the radio today...

On 24/02/2020 14:01, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 24 Feb 2020 13:52:02 +0000, Pancho wrote:

Seems 1 in 6 will get food poisoning in the US each year. In the UK, it
is 1 in 66.

Yet we want to import cheap food from the US. Always knew Brexiteers
had a death wish.

Could we not just choose to buy English food/chicken rather than US.

I suspect they will fudge the labelling so you get no choice. And lock up
anyone who tries to publicise food origins as "terrorists". Or even
worse, "counter terrorists".

That's assuming that there isn't a ready pool of people who simply won't
have the luxury of paying a bit extra for non-US food.

Most of the "dodgy" chicken imported from the far east isn't found in
the Supermarkets as it mainly goes into the take-away food and
restaurant industry. There is already a pool of people who CAN afford
to buy it.