Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Airplane travel, rentacars in the 50's

On 02/23/2020 07:24 PM, wrote:
It was dirt cheap too, literally pocket change. I think the top of the
box was around $5 for $10,000-15,000 or something but you could get in
for 50 cents or so. I am sure they made a lot of money because even if
you crashed, your heirs needed the policy number and I bet they were
not volunteering it. I think you were supposed to fill out the form
that came out of the machine and mail it ... if you had a stamp. I
never actually bought one.

My brother worked for Boeing in that era and was a frequent flyer. He
passed through on one trip and had time to visit. I don't remember why
but he had to fly out of Idlewild so we took him down. When my mother
asked why he didn't buy insurance he gently explained to her is was a
scam for suckers.

But that was back when Boeing made planes that flew...