Posted to alt.home.repair
Hawk Hawk is offline

Default Laundry room vent to attic ?

On 2/23/2020 4:27 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Sun, 23 Feb 2020 08:40:36 -0500, slate_leeper
wrote:

On Sat, 22 Feb 2020 23:10:50 -0500, Hawk wrote:

On 2/22/2020 5:04 PM, wrote:
I live in a condo, and making holes in outside walls is very tricky. Association wont approve and b very upset if I do anything w/o asking.

Joining the two or venting to the attic is the easiest solution.

Venting to the attic WILL provide a great deal of moisture which will
result in mold and could rot the framing and ruin the attic insulation,
and lint from the dryer could create other problems. Most importantly,
it's against IRC.

Our old house in NY state was vented this way. We lived there 27
years. No problems. Passed home inspection when we sold it.

Most "home inspectors" are clueless and half blind.

Same here. License not required to be a home inspector in my state.
Unbelievable. I could make business cards, start advertising and
probably make decent money doing it, if only I didn't care about my
reputation.