Posted to uk.d-i-y
Maxwell Boltzmann[_2_] Maxwell Boltzmann[_2_] is offline

Default Servicing a very old gas boiler - still done?

Roger Mills posted

I'm reluctantly accepting that my 30-year-old Baxi Solo is going to
have to be replaced soon because some parts - particularly things like
baffles - are no longer available. I'm doing my best to nurse it along
at least until the weather is a bit warmer. I've had to clean out the
pilot assembly today because the high winds has blown some crud into
it. I'm pretty sure that BG would condemn it, so I'm not going to let
them get anywhere near it. I suspect that an independent might also
condemn it.

Does anyone know what is going to happen to energy bills when they ban
the installation of gas boilers in new homes in 2025 or whatever? Gas is
about a fifth the price of electricity per kWh, and it comprises the
majority of my house's energy consumption. Have people cottoned on to
this yet?

--
Max