Default Priming the Water Pump

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:15:13 -0700, someone wrote:

The cottage is on a whole lot of rock - maybe 1 foot of soil in
places, if I look really closely.

There goes that suggestion to "just" dig an 8 foot hole!

If I can
get a higher stepladder than what I've got, I might try that, on a non
windy day, but it's a bit unlevel at the lakeshore, and it's solid
rock.

The solid rock is GOOD. A ladder on a soft surface is what is bad.
You can buy adjustable extension feet that go on either side of a
ladder leg, or for once a year you could shim it with boards, eh?

We have the usual 6 foot stepladder, and then we have one that is
about 11 foot (so you can stand at the 9 foot level) so you can indeed
get what you need, ladderwise.

-v.