Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replace wireless doorbell with a wired one

In article 2,
John Not.responding.@dotcom wrote:
I have a mains powered bell - I liked the idea of the illuminated bell
push . However, the bulb has failed and I can't be arsed to fix it.
Transformer is in the Consumer Unit.

I recently changed my bell push. To match new door furniture. Removed the
silly little tungsten bulb and fitted a pair of LEDs. They do have their
uses. They are bright enough to see in daylight too. To try and persuade
delivery drivers the bell actually works. Many are so use to wireless ones
not working they simply knock on the door. ;-) And if you press my push,
you can hear the bell working from outside.

--
*It's not hard to meet expenses... they're everywhere.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.