Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TV optical headphones

On Wednesday, 19 February 2020 17:08:26 UTC, Brian Reay wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Lamb wrote:
I think I need to rephrase the question to *would anyone care to
recommend bluetooth connected comfortable earphones for a geriatric?)

Problem I can see is they are still going to need their battery charging.
Which means returning them to a charging point of some sort. So no real
advantage over any type of cordless headphones. But may well have a degree
of latency other types won't have.

The Amazon Choice ones I mentioned have a claimed run time on batteries of
100 hrs.

As for the €˜lag, in the past I found you soon learned to ignore it.

The beauty of wireless is you can move around without getting straggled -
even pop to the loo or to make tea / coffee- without thinking about it.

Yes it's very handy, I do this with my iphone/ipad and the airpods,
and if I do go out of range and the signal stops my idevice also stops at that
point so when I return I can press play again.
Or if I've only just been 'cut-off' by retracing my steps I find that the 'track' has been paused for a short time and will continue where it left off, but this is only if it;s cut off for a few seconds.
But I've only noticed this with podcasts, because as I don't normally listen to music with airpods so there is a chance I have missed a word or two but didn't notice.

I don't think this works with headphones listening to the TV or radio.