Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Yet another smart meter question

On 19/02/2020 14:17, Jethro_uk wrote:

Because unless you get a reserved road space (remember this is a *public*
road) then you won't be able to guarantee charging your car.

The impression I got when a Government minister was outlining the plans
for the electric car revolution was that it was assumed that everyone
had off road parking where they could charge their cars each night.

While watching a video recently on the reuse of batteries from written
off electric cars I got the impression that the packs contained some
record of how many times the battery had been re-charged and if it was a
slow or fast charge. It seemed that fast charging was not too good for
the life of the battery and could effect its second had value.

If this true I wonder how it would effect the second hand value of
working electric car. It wouldn't necessarily be the age and mileage
that determines the value but how the car is regularly charged.