Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default LED Downlighters (Hello again, after many years)

On 19/02/2020 09:33, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 19/02/2020 09:16, Anna Kettle wrote:
Memory lane ...
I first posted here before uk.d-i-y existed, when it was just a topic
in uk.misc
And then posted regularly on the newsgroup for several years as I was
doing up my medieval farmhouse in Suffolk. I still recognise a few
names from back then theskullster, R D S, Dave Plowman, John Rumm, The
Natural Philsopher all look familiar. Others too. Hello!

One of the things I always enjoyed about UK.d-i-y was the breadth of
independent thought

Plenty of independent thought here about Brex...

and that has brought me back (to google groups this time) with a
question to punt in the air

What do you think of LED downlighters? As a design feature

I will nail my colours to the mast and say that I think they are
useful over kitchen worktops and in places like corridors and
cupboards. I totally dislike them in living rooms and bedrooms cos
when I recline back in a chair or in bed they are staring me straight
in the eye

FWIW For enhanced TV viewing, I'm considering installing a 3" strip
pelmet around all four sides of this room, with wall facing led strips
hidden to throw RGB lighting down the walls, or maybe throw a bit
upwards - which would probably mean suspension wires and a ledge for
dust and spiders, er - nope.

Whatever, it means I avoid staring at the point sources as well.

You could just buy a Phillips Ambilight TV to get the same effect :-)