Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Wood Protection

On 2/16/2020 3:46 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Sun, 16 Feb 2020 12:45:29 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 2/16/2020 11:17 AM, OtterGuy wrote:
Oak desk.
Center drawer bottom is unfinished and unprotected and dried out.

Is Howard's Feed and Wax (carnuba wax, bee's wax and orange oil)
appropriate to rejuvenate ?

Suggestions please.

It may "change" the appearance, I would not go so far as to say
rejuvenate. Simply adding varnish would change the appearance and be
more protective of the finish.

And I am assuming that the bottom of the drawer is actually the bottom
of the drawer and not the bottom of the drawer front.

And for that matter, does the bottom of a drawer really matter what it
looks like?

When it deirs out and warps and cracks and comes loose something
needs to be done with it.Citric acid and glycerine is another option
to explore (CA-G)

If what ever it is is in this bad of shape, replace it.