Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drilling porcelain tile

On Mon, 17 Feb 2020 08:11:27 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 02/16/2020 08:50 PM, wrote:
OK, what's the trick. This stuff just laughs at a Tap Con bit in a
hammer drill (the carbide tip ends up melting) and if you try to shoot
a tap con screw in it, you get a nail. It wipes out the threads. I
just bought some Bosch super bits ($10 a pop) and I am trying them
tomorrow. They say they will eat concrete with rebar in it.

Diamond drills and a lot of patience. Being able to use a drill press
helps but I doubt that's an option for you.

The tile is on the wall. A drill pres is out.
I managed to get one bar mounted today with the Bosch bits and water.
The other "ain't arrove yet" (extra credit if you can name the movie).
I have 6 more 1/4" holes to go. Pray for me. ;-)

Thanks for the ideas.