Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Taking a couple of mm off a door, belt sander?

R D S wrote:
I have a few doors in my life that are sticking, I have NO skills with a
plane, it isn't really enough to warrant getting a circular saw and I
cant really be arsed removing the doors anyway....

So wondering if a belt sander would be appropriate for taking a couple
of mm off here and there?

You're only going to be able to remove material from the side opposite
the hinge or, maybe, the top if you're not aiming to remove the door.
The belt sander will do it but it's very easy to overdo it with a belt
sander.

There's a fair chance that you *actually* need to remove material from
the bottom of the door or very close to the hinge, both will need you
to remove the door.

--
Chris Green
ยท