Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default delayed

In article , Pancho Pancho.Dontmaileme@outl
ook.com scribeth thus
On 16/02/2020 11:49, Brian Gaff (Bed) wrote:
The point is the masks we see here are for stopping stuff getting in not
out, and its the out bit we need to stop those* with anything from
giving it to everyone else, whatever it is. I wonder if anyone has done
any research on this in the winter season, to see if it* brings down the
number of colds an flue. I'd bye* more wary of measles than this virus
at the moment, I think.
That is possibly one of the most infectious* things about. Brian

AIUI the purpose of surgical mask is to stop stuff getting *out*.

I did read about this earlier and there was scepticism about surgical
masks providing a benefit against a viral epidemic, I'm not quite sure
what that means.

I was only half taking the **** with my earlier response to Judith,
suggesting a screwfix dusk mask. Dusk masks and, possibly even better,
bicycle masks are designed to stop stuff getting in. So if you are
interested in protecting yourself get one of them. Reasonable masks can
be purchased for £20-30. These masks are unpleasant to wear, as moisture
builds up.

There is somewhere might be on the Nature website site a study that
concluded that a lot of virus can be transmitted on the breath of an
infected person no need to sneeze to transmit!..

--
Tony Sayer